Did you ever sit and wonder how to extract all the images quickly and easily from a word document (.doc, .docx, .odf etc) ?
The standard method is to use the Save as option and select the html save to web format, but that creates .gif images that lose quality.
Another method that's easily done with OpenOffice (or any other application that knows how to save in .odf format like Kword or Abiword).
- Step 1. Open the document.
- Step 2. Go to File > Save as option and click it
- Step 3. Select odf as the new format.
- Step 4. Navigate to where you saved your new odf document.
- Step 5. Change your document's extension by renaming it from .odf to .zip
- Step 6. Extract the new .zip archive
- Step 7. You will find a Pictures folder that contains the images.